Your hard drive suddenly undetected by windows? The hard drive partition arrives broken? Power off then the computer suddenly can not boot? The computer is exposed to a powerful Virus that cannot live? No need to panic! I have a solution to restore your important data. This solution I have tried many times and has been proven to save 30 Gb of my data (documents, music, videos, programs, etc.) and research data many friends while I was s1 college first. Before we go to the technical discussion, I have to make sure first that recoverable hard drive damage only damage that is not caused by physical defects on the hard drive! such as due to the loss of hard drive partition tables and others that require the hard drive to be reformatted. The physical damage such as burning, breaking, dent and so on is actually still possible to be repaired as long as the damaged data is not disk, it’s just to do it need the exact replacement component with broken components and this is obviously very difficult, even can be said almost impossible for the average person. Or if you can not fix it yourself, you can ask for specialist help at www.salvagedata.com, they will be ready to help you.
Abroad, there are big companies that specialize in this data recovery problem. They claim to be able to recover burned hard disks, dents, falls from aircraft and others. They fix the price is very expensive for it because it is in addition to carefulness and diligence, also required the cost is not small to find the exact hard drive components of different brands and outputs.
Okay, because of the above considerations, I will only discuss hard drive recovery tips and tricks that can be done alone and do not need expensive, even FREE if everything you do yourself though, in fact, this is a very expensive tips and can bring in a lot of money because your services recover important missing data. The most important of these tips is just the right software and patience. Those are the two absolute requirements that must be had.
Immediately, here are the things that must be considered before starting and during data recovery, do not miss any:
- Do not format the hard disk first! Although theoretically hard drive can be spelled damaged because of undetected windows, that does not mean the data in it also damaged. As long as the hard drive is still recognizable by the bios, it’s usually still safe and you can relax.
The format action destroys your data. Although actually with tips to be reviewed this hard drive that has been formatted can still in the recovery data, but the possibility of data survived cannot be guaranteed.
- Do not let your hard drive be handled by improper ones! Although around you many computer repairmen, do not haphazardly hand over the hard drive business if you want the data congratulations. Most repairmen do not want to be complicated with data, which they want (or maybe they can) just make your computer live again as soon as possible. Finally, they will say: “Wow … can not. This should be formatted before it can be done again. The data is gone! “. Answers like this sound familiar, right?
- Never recover data to the same partition with the data being recovered !. This step could be suicide because the data that should be original can be suppressed with data that is still not clear the quality. So, set up another partition or better yet another hard drive or flash disk.
- Try to use another computer for recovery. The trick, connect the damaged hard drive (but still detected bios) with a healthy computer. Install recovery software on a healthy computer.
- If forced to use only one computer, then try to boot from a healthy hard drive for recovery activities.
- If there is only one hard drive, then try to boot from a healthy partition if any. As an additional tip, I always install one operating system on each partition I have for back-up and recovery when an unexpected problem arises. It allows me to access data from several different paths.
- If there is only one partition or no bootable partition, then you have to give up a small part of your data to risk missing because after all, it takes a live window to perform recovery. The way the installation of windows on the hard drive that want to recovery cannot be arbitrary, but there is a trick itself:
- First, only a small format of the initial area on the hard drive just loads for windows and your data recovery. Usually, the size of Windows XP installation only takes 2 GB only. You guess what size you need by estimating the size of your data. Do not format too large areas for fear of areas where your data is stored in a preformatted format.
In an emergency, you should not think of less important data such as movies, music or general pictures that are all searchable. Select only very important files.
For how to format, God willing I discuss in another post because it is rather long and detailed. For now, I assume you can do it because if you can not, then it is very unlikely that you will read this article. Is not it?
- Second, install windows in the space provided earlier and do recovery.
- The filename could have changed !. When the scanning software has been done by software recovery, it will appear many file names. The file you are looking for may change its name into numbers and codes. Usually, this happens when the damage is severe. So, extend your attention to the file extension, not just the filename. In this step, it is important to estimate how much the size of the file is searched and the date of file modification in order not to check all the thousands of files.
- Also, note the backup files !. If you can not find the name of the file you are looking for and have checked the file extension, then do not despair first, who knows there is the back-up. Example: You want to look for a .doc file (Microsoft Word document) but do not see it too, so pay attention also to extension .bak (Backup file extension you deliberately created via backup settings) and .wbk (Backup file extension you accidentally created Files with this extension are used by Microsoft Word while you are editing .doc files Usually files like this will disappear when Microsoft Word applications are closed, but usually their traces are still stored on hard disks). This step is usually rarely noticed, although very important. It used to be an important research file belonging to an old friend I can save by this step.
- The longer the data is on the hard disk, the more likely you are to save it. This means that the latest data are less likely to survive as a whole. From experience, usually, .doc data that is recovered is a data version of a few hours or a minimum of the day before the hard drive is damaged. So if you have a 10-page document already a while ago you add 2 more pages to the document then the hard drive is damaged, then the only survivors are the 10 pages only.
if you are still unclear please contact a specialist at https://www.salvagedata.com/recovery-services/hard-drive-recovery/